Upper Lake’s Elementary And Middle Schools Hit By Graffiti Vandals

Suncast escapes major damage Friday after chimney fire | Kane County Chronicle

She said that the district’s head of maintenance said no damage of this magnitude has been done to the schools in about a decade. Last year a small amount of graffiti was left on a wall at the elementary school, but Jeffries added, It was nothing like this. Nothing similar was reported at the nearby high school, she said. Sheriff’s deputies came out to the schools on Monday and took a full report, with Jeffries noting that they promised to conduct extra patrol in the area. She did not have a damage estimate available on Tuesday, explaining that the costs to the district include dedicating all four maintenance staff to the cleanup, along with paying for paint and cleaning supplies. With the students off on vacation they return on Monday, Jan. 5 maintenance staff had planned to spend the time making repairs around the campus sites, Jeffries said. Instead, Jeffries said they’ve been focusing all of their attention on cleaning up the graffiti, with plans to paint the walls.
For the original version including any supplementary images or video, visit http://www.lakeconews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=39847:upper-lakes-elementary-and-middle-schools-hit-by-graffiti-vandals&catid=1:latest&Itemid=197

Roy Exum: Do You Know Pinterest? – 12/30/2014 – Chattanoogan.com

Roy Exum

Damage/loss, $60. 14. An unattended wallet was stolen from near a photo booth at FlatIron Crossing mall. Loss, $7. 15. Two men passed a counterfeit $20 bill at a fast-food restaurant in the 500 block of Alter Street. Loss, $20.
For the original version including any supplementary images or video, visit http://www.broomfieldenterprise.com/broomfield-news/ci_27223689/broomfield-enterprise-police-report-dec-22-28?source=rss

Broomfield Enterprise police report Dec. 22-28 – Broomfield Enterprise

Crews arrived to find flames coming from a steel chimney/vent pipe on the roof, according to a news release from the Batavia Fire Department. No damage was done to the structure or interior of the building, the release states. According to its website, Suncast designs, develops and manufactures stylish products with practical features for the whole home. It lists products for the patio and yard, home and garden, sheds and storage, and snow tools, among other items. Firefighters determined a fire had started in a vent stack from a furnace used to burn off powder coating from steel parts, the release stated. Buildup in the vent pipe apparently ignited within the vent stack, according to the release. Crews were sent to the roof to extinguish the fire because there was a lack of access to the oven from the interior, the release states, and after applications of a dry chemical agent the fire was put out. Suncast representatives remained at the scene to watch the oven, the release states, and safety locks were unable to be opened because of high temperatures.
For the original version including any supplementary images or video, visit http://www.kcchronicle.com/2014/12/29/suncast-escapes-major-damage-friday-after-chimney-fire/an8d5w7/

I looked it up on Wikipedia to learn Pinterest is a web and mobile application company that offers a visual discovery, collection, sharing, and storage tool. Users create and share the collections of visual bookmarks (boards). Boards are created through a user selecting an item, page, website, etc. and pinning it to an existing or newly created board.
For the original version including any supplementary images or video, visit http://www.chattanoogan.com/2014/12/30/291065/Roy-Exum-Do-You-Know-Pinterest.aspx